Bickerdike Apartments, the property management arm of Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation, oversees a portfolio that includes:
- 1,194 units of quality, affordable housing
- Properties range from single room occupancy studios (SROs) to co-op units, to townhouse apartments.
- We manage and maintain new construction, gut-rehab, subsidized, and affordable market-rate apartments.
- The majority of our units contain three or more bedrooms to accommodate the community's need for large family units.
- We manage all of our own rental housing and the Woolman Washington Cooperative.
- Preservation. We are working to ensure that we maintain expiring project-based Section 8 and Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects like affordable housing. We were the first nonprofit owner in Chicago to secure the renewal of a Section 8 contract with HUD, and we will continue to renew each of the Section 8 contracts as they expire.
- Our property management approach is a recognized model for properties managed by community development corporations.