Who We Are
For over 49 years, we have been a member based, nonprofit community development corporation working for the development of communities on the northwest side of Chicago, by and for the low and moderate-income people who live in these areas.
- Providing quality affordable housing
- Struggling against gentrification and displacement
- Promoting economic development by creating and preserving jobs
- Advocating for additional resources
What We Do
Through mission-driven affordable housing development and preservation, property and asset management, economic development with a focus on jobs, comprehensive community building and grassroots leadership development, Bickerdike improves the quality of life for, and with, low and moderate income residents and the neighborhoods in which they live.
In 48 Years Bickerdike Has
- Built or rehabbed 1,182 units of affordable housing in 259 buildings
- Been the lead organization for the Humboldt Park New Communities Program (NCP)
- Invested over $223 million dollars to date in our target communities.
- Created over hundreds of local jobs each year through our subsidiary, Humboldt Construction as well as provided local residents with access to skilled job training and opportunities