1704 N. Humboldt Building
This 1920s courtyard building was initially purchased in 1988, when it was converted from 54 studios to 29 units of affordable housing. A substantial rehabilitation was completed in 2014 weaving environmentally sustainable design into the update and preservation of this historic building. Highlights of the green features include: high efficiency heating and cooling systems, increased insulation, historic replacement of high efficiency low E windows, efficient low-flow plumbing fixtures, solar heated hot water, low VOC paints and adhesives, and Energy Start appliances. It is a model for affordable housing energy, efficient retrofits and historic preservation.