How to apply
Bickerdike Apartments accepts pre-applications for our affordable housing waitlist (not Section 8) with a valid driver’s license or state issued ID.
Where to Apply
You may apply in person Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Bickerdike Apartments office, located at 2546 W. North Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647.
For more information, call 773.227.6332.
Tenant Selection Criteria
- All areas of the preliminary application must be completed so that a determination can be made if you qualify.
- All members 18 years of age and older must provide the following:
- a. Photo identification (e.g. Drivers License or State Identification)
- b. All household members must provide original Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards.
- Household members must meet the HUD income guidelines (attached) for the number of persons in their household.
- All household members 18 years of age and older must submit to a credit & criminal background check.
- a. Felonies and misdemeanors are cause for rejection of your application. Statute of limitations for felonies is 10 years. Statute of limitations for misdemeanors is 5 years.
- b. Negative household related credit references may be cause for rejection of your application. (i.e. electric/gas, previous evictions) Must be able to secure utilities (light & gas) in the Head of Household’s name.
- Income received by ALL household members will be verified.
- Satisfactory verification of residence for the last 3 years must be provided for all household members.
- All applicants must submit to an unscheduled Home Visit at their current residence.
- If your application was previously rejected for reasons other than income, you will not be eligible to re-apply for two years from the date of the rejection.
- We have a No Pet Policy.
Download the Tenant Selection Critieria here.